Select a film that is centered upon a medical moral problem. This essay will consist of analyzing the ethical dimensions of the film that you select to discuss. In your paper, be sure to include a well-reasoned analysis of the story and its characters.
Your film analysis should cover at least one of the following moral theories listed below.
• Virtue Ethics
• Utilitarian Ethics
• Pragmatist Ethics
• Social Contract Theory
• The Ethics of Care
• Kantian Deontological Ethics
• Cultural Ethical Relativism
• Theological Voluntarism
• Moral Pluralism
Please select one of the following films to view and analyze.
• Awakenings (1990)
• Coma (1978)
• Extreme Measures (1996)
• John Q (2002)
• The Jacket (2005)
• The Last King of Scotland (2006)
• My Sister’s Keeper (2009)
• Contagion (2011)
• Gattaca (1997)\
• Steel Magnolias (1989)
Title Page – In APA format, include your paper’s title, name, and institution, in that order.
Introduction – Provide a brief plot summary to give the reader an overview of the film.
Ethical Analysis – Apply one ethical theory to the medical moral problem presented in the film.
Discuss how this ethical theory could provide solutions or recommendations for remedying the
ethical problem. Be sure to address the following questions:
• What medical moral problem is present in the story?
• What moral values are reinforced in the film?
• Are there instances of moral values in conflict with one another?
• What moral guidance does the ethical theory that you selected to discuss provide the characters in the film?
Conclusion – Summarize what you’ve discussed in the essay and reflect on what you learned. Lastly, discuss how what you have learned could apply to your professional and personal life.
Note – Your paper must be double-spaced, 3-4 pages in length, and written in Times New Roman 12-point font.