Facility Planning – Final Floor Plan: Part 1
- Due Mar 28, 9:59 AM
- Not completed
- POINTS 10
For Part 1, access Medspace using the provided link. You will submit your paper in the Part 2 assignment. System requirements for Medspace Designer: Windows 7 and above Browser: IE 9, IE 10; Firefox 20 and above; Chrome latest version Adobe Flash playerView more »
Readthe following information:
Health care facilities are unique and have clearly defined characteristics based on the needs of the facility or population being served. Poor design may lead to staff, visitor, or patient stress. In large facilities, inability to find a department may lead to frustrations and disorientation for older patients. Poor layout may also lead to staff inefficiencies or fines because of failure to meet regulatory requirements.
Completea floor plan of the facility that you selected in Week One. Indicate if this will be a new facility or the renovation of an existing structure. If it is a new or existing structure, also explain why the renovation or new facility is needed.
Openthe template you chose from week one in MedSpace®. From that point, you will be able to modify the template and add the information listed below.
Usingyour MedSpace® template, focus on the following environmental design elements:
- The health care structure such as walls, doors, hallways, waiting areas, and related structural components
- Diagnostic and treatment space equipment and location
- Customer service and amenities, such as the reception desk, bathroom, shower, vending machine, and so forth
- Clinical support areas, such as nurse’s station, charting areas, and so forth
- Physician or dentist office space for patient consultation
- Administrative offices
- Building support, such as laundry, generator facilities, housekeeping, and so forth
- Mechanical equipment, such as space for laboratory equipment, radiology equipment, gases such as oxygen, and suctions
- Color and noise elements
- Regulatory elements such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration and ADA guidelines
- Other elements such as IT or creative healing environmental ideas
Saveyour design once it is completed.
Copythe URL by clicking on Share > Copy URL > Copy URL.
Writea 350- to 700-word summary that includes the following information:
- Reason you selected the floor plan you designed
- Any recommendations or suggestions for completing your floor plan differently–what would you do differently next time?
- Something that you learned from doing this process and completing your own floor plan
- URL for your completed floor plan
Formatyour summary consistent with APA guidelines.
NOTE:You can access the link for MedSpace by clicking on the Practice/Simulation/Homework/Gametab next to theInstructionstab.
- Toolwire® MedSpace Designer Instructions
- Facility Planning – Final Floor Plan: Part 2
I ONLY NEED 200 200 WORDS